Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Retro post to April Fool's

I'm still new to this whole blogging thing and really need to get better and blogging things when they actually occur rather than looking back thinking I should blog it. So there may be a few more that will be a "retro blog" so please bear with me.

This one I remembered after reading a friend's blog and thought I should share it because it is one to remember.

For several days leading up to April 1st, the infamous Disney Channel (which my kids would watch all the time if I let them) would have mini commercials and give ideas for April Fool's jokes. Since the house rule is that the TV is NOT suppose to be on after school during the week, I'm still not sure how the idea was hatched. But anyway on to the story.....

Todd gets up around 5:15 during the school week so he can exercise and shower before 6am. I however, am NOT a morning person and love to lie in bed in that semi sleep state just enjoying the warmth of the covers a little longer while he goes through his morning ritual. So I was lying there half asleep when Todd comes bursting out of the bathroom doned in a towel grumbling quite loudly how the last child to use our bathroom took the body wash out and didn't bring it back. So he has to go find another bottle (in his towel). He came back with one and proceeded to shower.

At breakfast the truth came out.....

Russell had snuck in the night before and removed the bottle of body wash as an April Fool's joke from the shower.

He was so happy that he had pulled one over on us.

I thought it was funny as well.

This all from the mind of a 7 year old.

1 comment:

  1. good one Russell! I'm sure Todd will laugh about it some day!

    ReplyDelete