Monday, August 23, 2010

I've done some sewing lately

I never would have guessed that I would be doing as much sewing as I did the first 6 months of this year.
Janelle is in the colorguard at her high school. Before Christmas, I had several Colorguard mom's call and ask me if I would be willing to make their girls' dresses for the Winterguard season.
I made 5 Colorguard dresses at the first of the year.
(and Janelle wasn't even part of Winterguard)
Then, a friend from church asked if I could do some sewing for her daughter's bedroom.
I had fun making pink/brown pillows as well as the drapes for this little girl's room.
I made a total of 8 pillows, 2 floor length tab drapes, and a seat cover/cushion.








My girls asked if I would make them each a dress.
I started with one for Hannah.
Actually, I made a few for Hannah in different sizes mostly using scraps I had from other projects.
This red one is the one she is currently wearing.

Janelle asked if I would make one for her for her Band Banquet and Dance. It's a little more formal than just Sunday best(or so she said).
She picked out the fabric and actually watched some of the construction.

Rachel wanted a new dress for the end of school year Seminary dance. I don't remember if I got her dress done in time for that event, but I finished it and she loves it.
She picked out the fabric as well.
She wanted green and it to be the same fabric I made her Glenda the Good Witch costume out of a few years ago(taffeta).
Both Janelle and Rachel have worn their dresses to several functions including a tri-stake Youth Conference dance.
Our good friend is the Stake Young Women's President and she told me after Youth Conference, that she pointed my girls out to Sister Dalton (the General Young Women's President) at one of the Youth Conference dances and told her about their dresses.
I made a dress for Julie as well from a pattern and material that she picked out but I can't find a picture of it. I'll have to post that picture later.
P.S. to my niece Berkeley, your twirly skirt is the next thing on my table for completion. I ran into a bit of a glitch but will get it finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment