Saturday, February 27, 2010

No if, ands, or BUTS

Christian is loving kindergarten and his teacher.

I was a little worried about his teacher.

She's wasn't a very social person with the parents.
(I verified that perception with some other parents at a birthday party last weekend.)

But after working in Chris's class, I find that with the kids she is the complete opposite.
(She also has warmed up to the parents throughout the year.)

Those kids love her and she is FANTASTIC with them.

Yesterday, Christian was throwing his schoolwork at me while I paid bills.

I saw a little note at the bottom of one of his papers in his teacher's handwriting.

I stopped to focus on what his teacher had written, thinking it might be some sort of praise.

Not quite.

Not even close.

Let me explain....

Their classroom letter of the week this last week was "U".

In one of their centers, they are suppose to "write the room". Meaning they find things in the room that either start with that letter or have that letter in them and make a list.
Then they are to make a sentence at the bottom with one of the words.

Christian's sentence read.....

"buts are a body part."

When I asked him about it and proceeded to tell him that what he had written was crude and I agreed with the "not appropriate" comment his teacher had written at the bottom of the page, his innocent comment was......

"But, Mom it had a 'U' in it."

Assignment complete.

4 comments:

  1. But did you explain that if he wants to write the "body part" BUTT, there MUST be two "T"s in it. I had a similar discussion with our 6-year old. We like to Laugh about the BUTT with 2 Ts. .... oh yeah, and gas too =.) Why is that stuff sooooo funny?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed that he was able to pick a word with u in the middle instead of at the beginning. And you know that word wasn't labeled somewhere in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute family. I'm glad to find you online:}

    ReplyDelete