Thursday, February 11, 2010

Out of the mouth of Babes

I was looking at my cousin's wife's blog the other day. She had blogged about her youngest daughter's affection to the phrase, "Ta-da".

Within a day, Spencer took up the phrase.

It happened after his co-op preschool valentine's party.

When I came to pick them up he ran to the counter where their bags were sitting with decorated cupcakes that 6 two- year-olds had done themselves. He put up his "presenting hand" and said it with a huge grin: "Ta-da".

He said it several times that afternoon and again when Daddy came home. I asked him if he wanted to give his Daddy the valentine he had made. As he proudly handed the construction paper, personally colored heart to his dad he said it again: "Ta-da".

Hannah's new phrase cracks me up.

Although it makes me wonder what else my little ones are picking up as they watch TV with their older siblings.

If any of your children watch Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb, you are familiar with Hannah's new phrase.

"Whatcha doin'?" frequently comes out of her mouth everyday. Add in her 2-year old voice and a drawl and you can hear it in your head.

She asks me when I'm showering.

She asks me when I'm putting my make-up on.

She asks me when I'm eating, sewing, at the computer, watching TV.

I think you get the picture.

It all makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment